Rockfest North Face

The North Face of this project is not as threatening as the North face of Everest.  Whew!!  I finished the second major part of rock fest and I am convinced that I may have the strongest ass in Williamson County.   I used up the rest of my rocks tonight and have the tree that was being threatened by erosion protected  the best I can.  The next 3 inch rain storm will tell the real story.   This is the most basic bull work you can imagine.  My finger nails are gone, hands are just junk and my back is sore.  I have used a lot of really bad lifting technique the last week, but my back is hanging tough and as a result will be much stronger coming out of this project,  Power is in the hips, I am convinced.  With power you get speed,  I will test that out at the end of September.
As a youngster, I was skinny and bony but still had some great speed.  The only thing that I can figure caused the speed was genetics ( I do have long legs and arms in relation to my body core--Alex Felix is another example of this)   and throwing hay bales.  I got a very good opportunity when I was in my early teens to "make hay" which was pretty physical and throwing the bales was an all day project.   You get Popeye forearms and power in the hips and homemade ice cream.  After a while, the arms give out and you gotta get the bale moved with your ass and hips.   As far as genetics for speed, who knows, not a lot of athletes in my family.

The ice cream was hang cranked--you are never too tired to crank off a batch.  I made hay for a dairy farm, and there was always prime ingredients for ice cream.  I am getting an head ache just thinking about it---yum....

I did some writing for work this week for an internal document that will be used to educate the sales force on some information gathering techniques I have been developing for the last several years.   After finishing the 1 page document, my boss indicated that it was "perfect".   My writing over the years has been marginal at best--way too technical in nature.  I think the effort that I have put into this blog has made me a better writer.   I actually review the text and make sure it is appropriate and makes sense for the point I am trying to convey.   Repetition is like practice, it helps. 

I am thinking seriously about running a 5 K on Labor Day.  There is a race in Franklin on Monday and I would love to break 30 minutes for a 5K.   I know that is not that fast, but I am a 57 year or sprinter--gimme a break.  Linda is thinking about walking the 5 K as well.   So, we could get some exercise and support the local hospital all in one swoop.
As you can tell, I am slacking on running.  Ok, but I am getting a lot of other stuff  completed.   I have finshed several projects at home that included getting a lot of undesirable trees eliminated and the place looks better for it.   I like trees that one day will grow up to be fence boards, posts, siding, firewood, etc..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?