One week to go

One more week until the Tennessee State Finals, which is the qualifier for the 2015 Nationals.  I ran this morning to simulate the time schedule for next week end.  I felt pretty good and had a good run as well.  On Saturday next week I will run the 400 meters in the morning and the 50 and 200 the next morning.     Today I had a very good warm up and and asked one of the Ravenwood track athletes to do me a 'massive' favor and time my 400.   She agreed, and  I ran a 68.4 with my rubber shoes, no spikes, and felt pretty strong all the way.    I looked at the National qualifying rules again and if you finish 4 th or better in your state qualifier, you can go to Nationals.   I should be safe with that time, I only know two guys that can beat it.  I will probably run again tomorrow morning,  to do it back to back and see how much soreness has developed and how big a deal warm up becomes.  

The different approach to training this season has been a much safer route and I feel healthy and do not have any nagging crap holding me up on my speed.   I have also started taking a daily dosage of electrolyte supplement to reduce any cramping.  I have had a lot less cramping this season as a result of the electrolytes and being smarter about the training has also helped.   We also have had little really hot weather either.     This week I will do some 800 meters and longer stuff to improve my cardio and not strain the leg muscles with much speed work.  

As I have discussed in the past, we have a steady parade of animals that want to move in with Linda and I.   I know we are nice folks and good hosts, but c'mon.  I was mowing near the creek yesterday and looked over and saw a muskrat swimming in the stream.  Last week it was really big snake in the creek.   We do not need any snakes hanging around or muskrats digging holes and stealing the corn.   Something else to keep in the back of my head.     The two groundhogs are gone for now, they failed to return after I got the lead flying their way two weeks ago.   Something every week whats to move in. 

I was in Catoosa, OK this week and stayed near the high school so I can train on their track.   Guess what, the track and the field we gone with a bulldozer sitting at midfield.  Without asking me, they tore them both out and are going to replace with some new stuff, hopefully synthetic field with a really nice running track.   Since, my track was gone, I did a little exploring and found a really nice set up at the high school just to the North--Owasso.    They have a very nice track that surrounds the football practice field.   This track is maybe 3 years old and was in great shape and I got in a pretty good workout.  The football stadium does not have a track.  It probably seats 8,000 and is all synthetic turf--first class outfit here.   

After I was done and cooling down, I wandered over to the baseball field where a game was progress.  The baseball infield is all synthetic!!  The only grass or dirt is the mound and outfield.   This school knows how to do it up right.   You slide on the synthetic turf !! One of the locals said the outfield goes to turf next year.   Wow!! times do change in high school sports.   Nice stuff at that school. We had a cinder track with a grass field.   What I would have given for a real track!!

Linda treated me for Father's Day tonight at a local farm to table restaurant.  We had some wonderful food and enjoyed the lights of Broadway in the big city of Nashville.  Yummy food and great company.

 Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's.

This is my 102nd post if you are keeping count, I don't.  The computer does.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?