Busy at the Track

I have been getting to the track at least 3 times a week the last 3 weeks.   I have been working on  endurance and speed, running some shorter 50 meter hard sprints and more leisurely ( more painful )   400 and 600 meter distances to get my wind and endurance.   This is a little different type of training for me this year and it is designed to prevent the last minute injury that plagued the previous years. 

I am sprinting up to 95% speed in the short stuff and doing the 400 at 85% pace currently.  I ran today in the heat of the day just to get used the sun beating down.  I was at Ravenwood which has a black track.   I lasted over an hour, but I could feel the heat and an hour later it is still trying to get out of my body.  I plan on running again tomorrow as well.  My legs have been holding up pretty good.  My heart rate has been at 100 to 105% at the last 100 meters, but I have not been binding up and running right through to the finish. That is a great feeling to still be strong at the end, no wind, but the legs are still good.

Next week I will be staying in Catoosa, OK and the hotel where I stay is right next door to a very nice high school track.  I will definitely get in some track work with that situation--good trip planning on my part.   The final week before the State Championship I will be in Danville, KY and again, close to a very nice high track that is open to the public for running.   So, I have my training locations planned out, I just need to execute now. 

The state meet is in 2 weeks and I will skip the 100 meter race.  I struggle to do well and would not run it in the nationals anyways.   But, I plan on the 50, 200 and 400 races to be competitive.  

The garden situation is getting better everyday.  We have plenty of broccoli and salady stuff and the green beans arrived this week as well.   Yummy!!   The black raspberries are nearing the ready to eat stage and the sweet corn is just around the corner.  So summer time food is getting here quickly.  Tomatoes are two weeks off, I can't wait for them either.  I watered the gardens early in May when we were a little dry and it and has really paid off.  

A huge event this week in Wisconsin--the state has finallized legalized same sex marriages.  My daughter Betty will be involved in a Gay wedding this Fall and it will be legit!!  Way to go Betty!!  Wisconsin joins the other progressive areas of the world. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?