Post Race review

I had a lot of positive feedback from the latest post about the race and I appreciate that.   I am happy somebody actually  reads these posts.  Linda is my biggest cheerleader and I thank her for posts and links that let a lot of people know how the meet went and the results.  Thanks Honey!!

After the race, I had a chance to look realistically at my performance and I am quite happy with the times in the shorter events.  The 400 was a little slow to be competitive at Nationals.    As a result, I am going to work on a little different training regiment to see if I can get that time a little lower.  I have not broke 1 minute since I started this Sr. Olympian and that is still a goal.  I did a 61.03 in 2010.   I have two meets in September that I plan on participating--TN District Qualifier and the KY State Finals which this year is in Lexington.   I will use these events as a way to test the different training and see if there has been any time improvement.   KY is an open meet to all states and I have ran it a couple of times and it is a fun meet.  The weather is generally wild-wind, rain, nothing normal.   The talent does vary a bit, but generally there is some quality competition to measure your progress.   The KY meet will be at Transylvania Univeristy in Lexington.  There has got to be a joke in there, somewhere.

I am going to work on more road work this summer with the intention of working my weight down (I ran at 198 last weekend) and getting my fitness level a little better so I have the wind down the stretch of the 400.  There are a lot of running paths close to our house and last night I ran/walked the 3.5 miles out and back loop that is 50 % uphill out and 10% uphill coming back.  I base my work on my heart rate and it is getting better and my breathing is now the limiting factor.  I have a great place to train, I just need to keep at it.   I am also limiting my beer intake.  I was bordering on a problem with the quanitites that I could consume.  This change is my routine is not easy when I travel.

With summer finally here, we will pick our first red tomato today!!  Linda is ready for a really juicy caprese salad, me too.   I have been eating fresh sweet corn for about a week and snap beans for a a couple of weeks.   The garden is doing well again this year and now it is time to enough the good fresh stuff, yum...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?