Dark Side

The dark side exists.    This is a post that I have been thinking about for around a week and I need to get it out in the open.   Those who have known me long realize that I can get depressed in the winter due to the lower levels of light.  I have been dealing with it for a long time and I think the situation is under control.  I understand I have a problem and Linda is very helpful in reminding me that I am slipping and I need to fix it. 

A couple of days before the meet last weekend, my left side lower jaw was hurting.  I could eat, but the pain was significant enough to think about getting some help.   It was too late to get it looked at before the meet, so I had to just deal with the situation.  I have had some injuries on the left side of my head decades ago, but side effects of  those things will pop up after time.  I chewed long leaf tobacco for thirty some year and was a 'left sider'.  Two things that I did in the past that can have a  significant effect my body now.   I also like nacho chips and they can get lodged in the gum.   So we have 3 choices.....

The dark side says jaw cancer.   I thought about that a bit, but I am going to force the dark side to take me, I am not going willingly to the dark.  Thinking the worst is the worst thing I could do.     I flossed aggressively a couple of times to get any  chips worked out, used my mouth guard to sleep--was I grinding my teeth???    Gradually the pain subsided and currently I do not have any worries about my jaw.  

The dark side will take you down if you cooperate.  I am going to continue to fight and come out the other side into the light.  The mind is very powerful and it can overcome a lot of bad.  If I would have let the dark side take me last week, the devil only knows what how much fun he could have had with me.   

Tell the dark side to take a hike, and then continue with the good life that the light has provided. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier