St Paul

It is Saturday or Day 1 for me at the Nationals.   We flew in yesterday and checked in at the convention center and had some lunch, we were starving.   After we got to our hotel, took a break, we decided to attend the Athlete Welcome at the local baseball stadium.   I did not do the welcome when in Cleveland, but it was a fun event.   PJ carried the Tennessee flag for state as we marched into the stadium.   It would put the participation at 1500 athletes.  Linda took some pictures of the event, but I am have trouble getting them linked to the blog.   Alive and Kicking was a vocal group that put on a show.  About two dozen seniors rocked the stage for 15 minutes--from Queen "We are Champions" to Lady GaGa-" Born this Way". They were fun.

While in St Paul you must eat at Mickeys diner.  This diner was in the final scene of the movie "A Prairie Home Companion". Divey and wonderful.  I had a banana milk shake and steak and eggs.  Linda had the liver.  Both diners were yummy and we were definitely filled up.  And we had our brush with the local film history as well.

Today we walked down to the Buttered Tin and had breakfast.  A local bakery restaurant that appears to be a local favorite.  We arrived and got right in, as we left at least 20 people were waiting on a seat.  A popular and delicious place to eat.   If my racing is lousy, my good eating will make up for it.

I race at 2:30 today, the 200 prelims.  Easy day today.  We will head over to the track around 11:00 and find some parking--which at first glance appears to be limited.  Then get ready to put on a show.  I ran the race a couple times last night in my dreams, it is interesting that the pain level is pretty low in the dreams.  Hopefully I can replicate they good runs I had last night.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier