Final prep

I had my last 'hard' workout last night.  The weather was pretty hot all day and I like to run in the early evening, so I waited until after 6 PM.   I was already in my car and headed to the local park to do some 50 meter sprints on grass with my grass spikes when the wind whipped up and it started to rain.   If it rains during the meet, you run in the rain, so let's get some practice.  I ran in the rain two weeks ago and got some experience of running in the weather.     The soccer fields , where I like to run, were closed due to being too wet, so I headed to the Eddy Arnold Amphitheater to get started.   The Eddy Arnold Amphitheater is a natural amphitheater that has beautiful covered stage and would seat about 2000 on the grass.  I warmed up with some sprints up the hill and did my stretching on the stage which was dry.  By the end of my stretching, the rain had slacked up and I did my sprints up the grass hill.  I did 5 o 6 hard sprints of a distance of 60 meters and then decided to switch gears and do a little road work to burn off some calories.  Overall it was fun work out and it was easy on the feet and joints.   Grass is a great change of pace for me.  I tried one downhill run, put the wet turf had very little grip and it was quite risky--I skidded a lot..







We have all our travel arrangements made, we will be staying in downtown St Paul at the Embassy Suites. That should make getting something to eat much simpler, since a lot of restaurants will be in walking distance. Linda likes to try different foods, so I will follow her lead on the menu.    I still need to sort thru all my gear and make sure I take all the necessities. I have my starting blocks repainted and I will get them packed up for transport.  I will see my massage therapist tomorrow for a final rub down and probably do some additional stretching later in the day. 
  

Today I will go to the gym and warm up and stretch, maybe bounce around in the pool, just enough to get the legs warmed up completely and make sure I get any last bit of lactic acid out.  I have also started to take electrolytes daily to make sure I prevent any sort of cramping risk.  We have been eating a lot of fresh veggies, we are trying to stay ahead of the deer who seem to like dining in our garden as well. 
 The weather forecast in St Paul calls for 80's and rain likely over the weekend.  I am ready for the rain, so let it fall. Hopefully we do not have to use the rain date and we can get the entire show in each day.   

See you there!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?