Indoor Racing

I just signed up for an indoor track meet in Winston-Salem on January 22.  I am going to run the 200 and 400 double. I have never raced indoor as a Master or otherwise.  This is going to be something new!!   This meet is USATF sanctioned event and this will be my first time for a USATF event as well-- I will be running around with eyes wide open taking it all in !!!

I have always wanted to run indoors and I just decided I  am just going to do it this season.   But if I can get some decent times, I will work on getting into the USATF Masters Indoor Nationals in New Mexico in February.   Run good and move on to the next meet. I want to get a feel for how I can do indoors before signing up for that event.  It is easy to get really smoked in the Nationals if you are  not ready.   I want to be competitive and have a shot at the finals in each event.  

I have been busy with Family until last weekend and my training has been limited.   I did run in Flagstaff, AZ this week on the treadmill.  The altitude is 6950 feet where we stayed in Flagstaff.  I ran two 800's and one 600.  I was struggling to get my breathing regulated until the last 800 meters.  The thinner air does need to be moved a lot faster in and out of the lungs.  But, I did not have any issues and actually flew home that night from Las Vegas and felt fine.  Today is the second day home and I am still a little fatigued from the trip.  We also drove a lot of miles in a pick up truck and that did wear on things.    I also split some wood yesterday in a little fence building project I am working on while the weather is cooler.  I think the bending over and picking up firewood had something to do with the fatigue as well.

Next week I am in town for company meetings ( nice)  and I will have to get some serious training in this weekend and get ready for a meet next!  I have my gear ready and I am looking forward to getting some racing done indoors!     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier