Day 1

I ran the 200 meter preliminary today and finished 11 th at 28.41 seconds.  I am out for the 200.   It was rainy and breezy conditions.   I felt OK, got warmed up good, let it rip.   I did tie up around the 150 meter mark and struggled to the end.  I was in second and was passed around 160 mark.   So I finished third in the heat.   The official results are on www.finishtiming.com . The tab for the NSGA is on the right.   M 55-59 200 M preliminaries. 

Tomorrow is 50 and 400 prelims.  The weather looks like it will clear and I will try again to make a finals.

The relief after finally running at this level is immense.  The  fact of not knowing if 'you belong' or are 'just wasting your time' really helps.    I am alot more relaxed now, know the drill so to speak and need to step it up, these guys are fast and seasoned veterans of this gig.   I belong, but I need to get better and  get my training right and not have injury setbacks that are real speed killers.

I doubt I will try this as a 59 year old, but I will most likely give it a shot as a 60 year old.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?