Nervous Nellie

Some loose ends to tie up--I did get the bridge chained down, so it will not disappear during one of numerous flash floods in the last several months. 

 Yesterday I did not work out, I worked in Memphis, so I spent a lot of the day driving.   Today I plan on some light running with no speed work.  Just get the blood flowing and burn some calorie and do a very thorough stretch.     My weight is back down to 196 after work outs and I am happy to get it back down after the layoff to heal.   No aches no pains........

Who is Nervous Nellie?   I am not sure if NN is a universal name for someone who cannot sit still or is constantly fidgeting, but where I was raised is was a common term.   I noticed yesterday while driving, that my mind would drift into some sort of competition and my heart rate would go nuts.   It will get worse as the first race approaches.  I turn into the Nervous Nellie-- a ball of nerves.  I hope I am not the only one that has to go thru this nerve mess,  it would be best if everyone gets a chance at being NN.

I was looking back at my training record--which is in Excel.   But I have been working on this track thing for over 4 years now.  My weight is a little lower and my overall health is still good, but my fitness level is much improved.  Previous to the running I did weight training for strength and little regard to fitness or aerobic conditioning.  I could not run a mile without a break.   Now I still do some marginal upper body weight training but I put my energy into the lower body fitness and strength.  I will probably post more about my training over the last 4 years as I get a time to summarize.  Engineers like to do summations, averages, min and max calculations....we are cursed from that standpoint.  

Off to the track-- more later. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?