Resting restlessness

I have been resting my running muscles for over a week and I am getting restless.   I have planned to do my first running at speed on July 3, 4 or 5 in the the UP of Michigan. I will do an extensive warm up and stretch and do some 50 meters to get a  feel for the success of my resting, if that goes well, I will do some 200 meters and some 800 meters for fitness.   I think Linda will be manning the clock to be sure the numbers are legitimate.  That will be two weeks of total rest for my left leg,  and HOPEFULLY the rest has helped.  

Linda and I are on Holiday this week. Our activities have been a wedding in Green Bay over the weekend, visiting kids this week, as well as trip to Gladstone, MI for some more family events and local July 4 festivities.  We have been eating at our favorite local restaurants and sleeping in ( at least I have been).   It is a leisure lifestyle to say the least, but the restlessness is creping in quickly.  I need to know if any healing actually has occurred.   Three weeks until Nationals. 

 As far as restaurants--we have been to Angelinas in Green Bay.  We spent some time chatting with Angelina about when she started the restaurant--she was a joy.   Ethopian cusisine last night, which was quite interesting and tasty.    We are really looking forward to Mickey Lu BBQ in Marinette, WI.   These little simple burger are really good and it is a fun  step back in time as well.  I will take two.

I have been watching the Tour de France on the television and it has been helpful in keeping my racing fix satisfied.  The scenery is really fantastic, the racing is very intense,the announcers are quite enjoyable and it is dangerous.    We have not seen the wrecks and carnage yet, but they are hauling ass with no protection against the asphalt and stuff on the road--dogs debris, bad highway,  fans...   That race is brutal and a great show.

A couple more days of rest and hopefully progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?