Arrival and recon

Linda and I made it to Cleveland with  little trouble and made it downtown to get signed in.   A lot going on in downtown Cleveland this weekend.   Sr Olympians all over. 

My schedule is :
Saturday--  200 meter qualifier--@ 11:00 am.  41 signed up.  One race and the 8 best times make it to the final on Monday  (9:15)
Sunday-- 400 meter qualifier--@ 8:30 AM.  40 signed up.   Same deal--one qualifier race for everyone,  Finals on Monday at 11:15
           50 meter qualifier at 10:22.  26 signed up.. One shot to qualify--fastest 8 times regardless of what heat you were in.  
Monday-- all finals if I make them

I went over to the track today( Baldwin-Wallace University) and the surface is very nice and fast.  A 90 year ran a 71 second 400 meters and set a record--wow!!  So this field is fast.    I also ran into Charles Baker from Tennessee.  He got third in the 400 meters in the 85 year division.   We see him at the Tenn State meets.   They are giving out some nice hardware, the medals are really nice--

I talked to the meet referee and asked my questions about starting blocks--I brought my own, and also how they were running the qualifiers.  I was thinking quarterfinals and semifinals in the same day--which is exhausting for us old farts.   I feel a lot better now about the meet, I run one race to qualify and one in finals ( for each race length).   Much easier on my body.  Now, I just have to haul ass on each one--maximum effort each time out, no saving.     

So, I have calmed down quite a bit after getting the recon at the track.  Linda and I are going out for steak tonite.  I doubt if I will be able to eat anything in the morning, so I will get charged up tonight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?