Killing Time

Today I tried the best I could to keep my mind off the upcoming meet.  My mind is tricky and the best way I have found to get it off track is to do basic tasks that take time, motion, sweaty effort, and a little bit of ingenuity.   I did not work out at all, except for the manual labor involved my projects today.   My feet and ankles needed a rest, they were getting quite tried and sore.   My feet are one of my weak body parts.

I did my usual work for my real job and then when I was caught up, I worked on a hydraulic project, some tree trimming, a little painting and a little grass planting. With all these low tech jobs using hammers, pry bars, fencing pliers, hoes, rakes, axes and chain saws, it was busy enough to keep my mind from racing off and running some races somewhere.   The beauty of having property that has a creek, old trees and brush--there is ALWAYS something to trim or eliminate.  Hopefully I burned enough energy to get some sleep tonite and be ready to travel tomorrow.  Linda and I will be staying in the Hilton Garden Inn-- Cleveland airport. 

My first race is the 400 meter qualifier on Saturday.  That is the only race for me that day-- assuming they do not run quarter and semi finals ( this would kill most of the racers).   I do not have the time yet, I hope I get that info when I check in tomorrow.   50 meter and 200 meter qualifiers are on Sunday and I could have 4 races that day.  Finals for all three of my events are on Monday and rain date is Tuesday.   Linda and I leave late Tuesday for Nashville.   We have direct flights with Southwest both directions--I love SWA.   So, if make any of the finals, it will be a busy and tiring weekend. 

My plan is to blog each day when  I am finished and keep everyone up to date.  I do appreciate you following along--hopefully it has been a fun ride.   I have enjoyed sharing my life, sometimes it can be tedious.................

Time to pack.  Oh!! I almost forgot,   I also got a new "top" to race in.   Neon green with pseudo tiger strips, it is hot--I  had to have it when I saw it last weekend.  If I can't beat anyone--I will outdress them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?