The lost 35,000 foot blog

This is the blog that I could not publish from over  Kansas when flying to Denver.  I was in my draft file.  It's a little late


Life is full of first and many you really remember well, and most of that is somehow related to women and babies.  But, today I am blogging from 35,000 feet while on a SW plane to Denver.  Linda and I are going to a wedding of daughter of some good friends.  It is a first on the blogging from altitide, but I do not expect this 'event ' to be remembered for very long of have much meaning in the big picture of life. 

I went see my man Geoff today for a massage.  It was the first time in a long time that I did not have anything really acting up or hurting.  So, he worked on the back so I would be ready for the plane ride.   68 minutes to go, by the way.  There is a counter on the SW web page.  

I took the day off of exercise, I had a lot of prep work for the trip and did not have time to get sweaty.    My last run was on Wednesday in Memphis on the sport turf at Memphis Central High school.  I ran some 100 m on the turf at 15 seconds, I ran 8 sets foward, 3 sets backward and also ran a couple of 200 m and a 300 m on the track at 60%.  Issac was closing in and the winds were steady and it allows some work with the parachute.  So I did a couple of 100 m parachutes backwards.  The wind was strong enough the velcro could not hold and I ended up on my butt.  The black rubber peebles in the turf get into everything--I had a pant load of those things. Overall, I got plenty of work and lot of sweat, even though it was completely dark, the humidty was nasty. 

I may some time to run in Denver, the mile high should let me know about the conditioning.  I am going to Oregon in September and will stay in Eugene for 3 nights.  I would like to get a chance to run on Hayward Field in Eugene.  That is where they hold the US Olympic qualifiers and Galen Rupp also trains with Mo Farah. 

But, you know what beats blogging a 35,000 feet or running on Hayward Field??  Wedding cake!!  I love wedding cake.  2 more days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?