Wedding Cake

This was supposed to post yesterday while I was flying on SouthWest from Nashville to Denver for a wedding of a daughter of some friends.  I was attempting to do something as a 'first',  but technology would not allow my first and I am setting in a hotel bed trying to remember my brilliant lost blog.  The header of  the SouthWest web page covered the publish button and I could not get it to post.   I get frustrated by technology that does not deliver, plus I paid $5 for the wifi service.  I think I only got $ 2 worth.  

I ran on Wednesday after dark in Memphis on the Central High track and new synthetic sports turf.  I did at least 8 x 100m sprints on the sports turf at 65% speed to work on my stride and arms.  Isaac was closing in and the wind was quite firm and I also got out the parachute to do some strides,  The wind was so firm that the parachute velcro was over powered and it would just fly off.  So, I just ran into the wind and worked on arm swing and stride length.  I also had the opportunity to  run backwards with my parachute--tricky at best-- and I tripped myself and got a good roll in the peebles of the turf.  They were in everything.  I got a good load of them under the belt line of the shorts and my back was plastered since I had my shirt off.  It was very humid and the air was quite thick.   I finished up with some 200 M and 300m into the wind.  Good night of training.  Nothing fast, just plenty of it.

I have run on sports turf a couple of times and it is apparent that my right hamstring is in peril when on this stuff.  I think the traction is so good--I was rubber soled shoes for this surface--that the stronger left leg forces the right to keep pace and it breaks down.  I hurt my hammie at this track in July and I could feel some stress this trip.  Sport turf can be dangerous for the right hammie.

I hope to  get a chance at a little work here in Denver--the altitude will be a definite fitness test. 

Wedding cake is one of my favorite foods, fresh with a whiff of champagne.  Chocolate, vanilla, carrot...  they are all good.  So I will get on my suit,  and take my handsome wife on my arm and boldly eat two or three pieces.  Yum!!

This one is not as good as the original-which was written in a cramped space at 35,000 feet with a bossy flight attendent and a nice gin and tonic.  It will have to do---cake day is tomorrow!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?