Tennessee State Finals Record

I was thinking today, which the most scary words I can say to my wife, Linda.  But I really was thinking during my track time at Ravenwood.  I am going to run next Saturday at the Kentucky State meet for seniors.   I could be a state champ in a couple of states, which is interesting.  But, what really came to me, was I am the Tennessee State Recorder holder in the 50 meters for 55 to 59 years old.  Why did this fact just show up recently???  Well, it is the first time this event has been run, so by devault, the first winner--me--would be the record holder!!  Hopefully, I can make the time quicker next year. 

I run 50 meter sprints on the track with spikes to work on my speed.  I will run 6 to 10 sets at 95% effort.     I have a goal of beating 6 flat in the 50 m with a running start.   Today after coming close several times in the last month, I ran a 5.92 second 50 meters with a running start after running a 6.03 seconds the set before.  The quick time was just a little more effort.    This speed when translated into a meet situation with block start, should equate to less than 7 seconds. I want to run 7 flat next Saturday in Ky---I got the speed, so it is up to me.   The 50 m is the first event, so I will get a good warm up and be ready to crank off a 6.99 or better.  I also want to break 13 seconds in the 100  which will be the second event for me. 

I changed my training after the Tennessee State meet in July and I feel that I am a lot faster, but until I get a time on paper in a meet, it is just a feeling. I can consistantly run in the 13's on grass for the 100 m.   That is a huge improvement for me.   I have very little at stake in this meet, but I really think the 50, 100 and 200 speeds are going to be fastest since getting into this senior thing.    The 400 is last, and if I have anything left, I will run it w/o worrying about the clock. Although 62 seconds would be a great time.

I  finally got to meet my  male granddog this week.   I was in Milwaukee and visited Adam, Betty, Lenzi and Bruce.  Bruce is the pugg granddog.  His is a cutey and well behaved.    Good to see 2 of the kids and and the gdog. 

I think my next blog will be about the orange barrel situation in Wisconsin.  I travel a lot, and nobody--NOBODY-- can put out a spread of orange barrels like Wisconsin.    Don't use a GPS-- you will never arrive.

Comments

  1. Good to see that you mentioned Bruce :) And you are right about the barrels, even when they are not doing construction they leave them up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?