Back to the track

I made it back to the track today.  Linda did some walking with her fancy new knee brace-- it is tiger stripe patterned and as cool as these kinds of things can be.  So I had some company.  

Yesterday morning I had my massage and Geoff indicated that I was quite tight and he worked very hard to loosen up my quads--it hurt like hell--he can inflict some pain.   But he was able to tell that I have been easing off a little on the training and stretching, so I got busted and need to get back with the program.   The quads the quickest muscle in the body to atrophy and shrink-- you gotta work em.    I looked up power cleans on youtube and will add power cleans to my front squat routine that I do weekly.      

Last night we went to the movies and saw 'Hope Springs' with Tommy Lee Jones as the old worn out husband and Meryl Strep as the frustrated wife whose marriage is deader than the preverbial doornail.    We have a good time and good to laugh at their problems. Thank goodness Linda and I  still like like each other, and the rut is way down the road.    I was definitely date night at the movies-- a lot of mature couples at the show.     After the movies we went to the gym and swam outside, the water was wonderful and I got a good aerobic work out and Linda swam as well.   We closed the place up and went home to watch some the soap opera that is the NY Jets footballs.  They looked lousy against the Giants.  Is it gonna be Tebo or Sanchez??  Does it even matter?

At the track today I was speed day.  I put on the support socks--retro 1974 and spikes.   I did 8 sets of 50 meters with running starts for time.   My best time was 6.18 against the wind and 6.15 with the wind--about 7 mph.  I have been trying to work the 50 m time down to around 6 flat.  At 6 flat I can consistantly run a 100 m under 13 seconds.     So if you can run 6 flat x 2 that is 12 seconds with a start, which is 0.7 seconds,  and you are safely under 13.0 seconds for 100 m.     13.0 seconds with get you to the finish line first in a lot of races and make me a contender at the Nationals. 

I also got the parachute out and ran some barkwards with the chute.  It is interesting to have some resistant running backwards, you can lean into the run while backwards.      I ran a total of 600 meters at speed and with a 800 m warm up, burned over 800 calories.   The intensity of the running really makes the calories meter tick fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?