Another Day, another plane ride

I traveled to Newark, NJ today for work.  I was scheduled for arrival around noon with a trip thru Baltimore.  But the plane broke,  and would take 4 hours to fix.  Southwest did the usual great job of rescheduling  me thru MDW--Midway and I got here with just an hour delay.  But I did get the center seat on each trip and on the first leg, I sat next to a guy that was big, he was 58 Short jacket size.  So I spent that leg twisted so I could actually breathe.   The next leg I had a better opportunity to find two women to sit with, they were normal size and I had a lot of room.   Whew!!

I am staying where I can see the new Liberty Tower from my hotel room.  It has its final height, they are just getting the siding on.  It is definitely the tallest building on Manhattan.  I hope it turns out to be a real showplace. 

I ran some slower strides today, 8 cycles of 100 m on a sport turf feild.  The local high schoold field is open to the public.  There was three football practices going with several people doing track work.  There was at least 50 parents watching the practices!  That is great for the kids,  Ma and Pa care..  I talked with one girl who is training for long jump at Holy Cross, I wished her well, she was doing some exotic core work.    The school  has a 6 lane synthetic track and sport turf football field that also is the baseball field.  Very classy set up.   Track is one of the few sports where you can usually find a nice facility to train. 

I was sore from fast stuff I ran yesterday.  I ran some 50 M with blocks and also ran some 100 m , 2 on curves--all with blocks.   Linda timed the my last on the curve and it was less than 15 sec, which is OK for as tired as I was.  I struggle with starts and moved the blocks around, but I think I may need some professional help in the starts.  I am not real comfortable and I think I am giving some time away.  If you know of any good starting coaches--drop me a line.

Tomorrow is a day off.  My legs need it bad.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?