Olympics

Usain Bolt is really fast,  I just watched the 200 m finals and he handed out  another  really bad beating.  That must feel good to have that ability.    He is one of the alltime greats.

Enough about him, how about me??  I have been in OK this week and have been working out on a really nice high school track in Catoosa.  The Catoosa Indians, home of "The Tribe".   I ran the other night on the synthetic track and ran four 200 m sets around 30 seconds.  That was without spikes, which makes these 200's around 90% and the last on was 29.5.    I finished up with some other speed work and felt great for 6:00 am.  The sprinklers were on and that felt good when I ran thru them at the finish.   This track was quite busy with several people getting work outs.  I was glad to see some other healthy folks.    

This afternoon I returned and ran on the grass with barefeet,  Even though it was 5:30 PM and 95 degrees it was fun. They water the field heavily and the grass felt like a golf course fairway.  I have been stealing a lot of ideas from Micheal Johnson's college training regiment.   Today would be his equivalent of "strides" day.  Yesterday was a hard  day.  So, I ran about twelve 100 m strides on grass with barefeet at 75 to 80% speed.  This is what I call fun running and it really sets you free, so to speak.   It gives you a chance to work on your form and how your hands and arms work.  
I  have designed about 7 different training routines for different days  based on MJ.   I will have hard days, speed days, starting days, weight training, stride day, endurance or conditioning days and of course a rest day.  I think with my travel schedule and various amounts of training time, this will help me cover all the bases as I prep for the next race and ultimately the Nationals. 

6:00 am plane tomorrow and a work out at the gym with my head cheer leader Linda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?