Running the curve

I had a chance to experiment tonight on one of my favorite tracks--Muscle Shoals High School-- home of the Trojans.  Their synthetic track is one of the few that is actually laid out symmetrically, the start and finish of the 100 meters is midway in each endzone, so you can figure out very accurately where you are at all times.     I worked on some 50 m at 95 % speed and compared curve times with straight away times.  All my tests were with a 25 m running start, so the poor starts can be discounted.  The curve 50 m averaged 6.6 sec and the straight aways were 6.4 seconds.  I ran all the curves in lane 1.  I then compared lane 1 to lane 4 curves and there was little difference.  The curves must be run with a long stride to be fast regardless of lane.  

Today was the first day in several days that my legs actually had some energy.  They were loose and stretched out quickly, and that was from two days of real rest.  I was on the edge of over training and a hammie problem.  My right hammie can only take so much work and then it will act up.       I used my support hose and citron spikes,  which is more than likely the gear I will use in Kentucky in October. 

So, I think I can run at the most 3 days per week, do weights 2 or 3 days per week and loaf a day or two depending on how I feel.  Football starts this week and it is one of my favorite activities with my clothes on.   So, loafing should be easier now.  Go Steelers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?