Endurance Day

I had planned on some track work tonight after I finished in the tissue mill, but it was pouring rain for a couple of hours and that plan was dead.  So I did the next best thing--I took a nap.  After the nap, it was still too wet and I did treadmill runs.  I ran a 800, 2--600 's and 2 --300's to get some endurance work in.   The treadmill work cause extreme sweating because you have no wind blowing past to cool you.  Believe it not, running on a track is a little cooler and much drier.

One of great things about being "out East" is the diner.  I had dinner at a local 24 hour diner.  They have pastry, hot food, liquor, carryout beer and breakfast anytime.  They are like going to friend's house to eat.  Always comfortable and unhurried.    The menu are generally 8 pages of laminated plastic.  No exception at the "Arena".  The pork chop diner was very good.

Linda send me a link to a new song from one of my favorite groups--Devo.   I have listened to their stuff for nearly 40 years.   They are quite good and the stuff is good to work out to--it generally has a great beat and clear lyrics.  The new song was about Mitt Romny strapping his dog to the roof of his car for a family trip.  Poor Seamus-- the Irish setter-- was strapped in the roof while in his kennel.    So they have a lot of fun with this faux pas by the Presidential Candidate.    I do not know if Seamus died or was hurt.....

Tomorrow is travel day.  Newark, NJ to Nashville and by car to Memphis in the evening,  I am the instructor for a 4 hour class on tissue on Friday.  I think I can get a little track work in the afternoon. I have to be careful to not get too tired, or the 3.5 hour drive is really tough.

Comments

  1. Also can't get too tired because your wife comes home on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?