One Year to go

Have you ever been one year away from somthing that you really wanted to do?  I am there for the second time in my senior olympian running career.  I was ready to compete in the 2011 senior nations in Houston, Tx......but I got hurt and had to cancel out.  It sucked.   You only get a chance every 2 years.   How it must change your life to fail to get in the real olympics--every 4 years.   

I like to plan ahead--many surprises in the athletic world are not the type of events that I like.  so, I like to find any advantage I have and try to exploit it.    I am qualified for 4 events in Cleveland, Ohio--where the senior nations will be held in late  July 2013.   I am reviewing the running schedule and like my chances in the 50 m and 400 m races.   The 400 m is usually the weakest competition because it hurts the most and really knocks you out of any other sprints.  It is the event that i have the best shot at a medal, and that is why you go to these events--get the hardware.       The 50 m is fun and you just blast out the  the blocks and let it rip.  Strategy does not exist, go fast , period.   I am also fast in the the 200 m, but the preliminaries look to kill any chances i have in the other events.  56 year old men only have so many fast races in their bodies--the hammies--in a weekend. 

So besides trying to figure out the events, I am also lookng at my training regimen in a critical sense.  Is it any good? Can it be improves?  Do I need to get a coach?    but, where do you find a coach for a 56 year sprinter??? I am clueless on getting a real coach.     Maybe something will happen that allows that to happen.  But, as i look into the matters, I find I am   intinctively training in a manner that is quite good.   The only thing i really need to add is some more hills and start doing a longer distance for conditioning one day a week.  5K has a good ring on the treadmill.

Yesterday I did not train due to work stuff- I actaully worked on a saturday!  But today i feel like running on grass and working up a good sweat. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?