Skip to main content

Need for new humidity measurement

Humidity is measured as percent, with 100% being the maximum.  Yesterday was a day that the old scale really did not reflect how much water was in the air.   I did some road work on the local streets and managed to completely soak every item of clothing on my body.  Then Linda and I went to see "Train" at an outdoor venue after some rain, with more on the way.  The humidity was incredible.   You just sit there and dehydrate.  Train put on a great show in 55 minutes, played a lot of hits and threw beach balls and T shirts into the crowd.   They also took pictures with cell phones that were tossed up on the stage.    Times do change.   But they had a lot of fun.. so did we.  I would like to see them again in a full 2 hour show.   This "rain or shine" event was shortened because a storm was coming--lightning and wind scares the insurance people when you have a portable stage. 

Back to humidity.   Like I said, 100% does not desribe the discomfort.    Maybe terms like, completely sweaty, absolute misery, shirt stuck to your back in 20 seconds,  maybe you will pee next week......

This week I will be in Oklahoma, the humidity should be lower, but the wind is usually very persistant and we could be looking at some triple digit temps.   The treadmill may be the tool of choice this week.   I have not found any convenient tracks to get in some work, but with football underway, that could change.  High school football is very very big in this neck of the woods.

So today, I will get in some work in our local gym, and fly out tonite to Tulsa.  I will make it up to Southwest A lister this trip...which allows me to get on the plane earlier.  And this makes life a little better when flying. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setbacks

Setbacks are part of life and we generally have no choice but to accept them in style.  I was in Wisconsin this week presenting some material to a large group of tissue makers.  Normally, you are subjected to hotel food and eating in groups.    I try as much as I can to be strict on my diet due to my garlic allergy and restrictions from gout when traveling.  I must have either goofed up or had something slip by, but I got a major case of food poisoning Monday night.  As I get older, the food poisoning symptoms and reaction becomes more severe and lingers much longer.   I got sick--the messy part- Monday night late and was finished with that deal by Tuesday morning.  But all day Tuesday and into Wednesday my body was trashed.  Tuesday was stay in bed basically all day.  I did leave the hotel twice for visits to the local store for some food and liquids.  Getting out of bed and to the car was a major task and quite le...

Race Day Again

Finally, we get to race again! As many of you know, I was injured last April 4, 2024. I had a disk at L4 vertebra collapse and pinch a nerve in my back that caused over half of my lower leg strenth to disappear. I had a lot of atrophy in my right leg quad and I have been recovering ever since. I am close to 100% on strength and the right leg looks like it is very close to normal size again, but it has been a battle. I have been working in the gym, doing pilates again and also running. All of these things must be done in balance so you can get the proper rest and recover. I still do full body massages every two weeks and I also have been working with a Cox Technique Chiro since the injury on a weekly or biweekly basis. The chiro has gotten me stretched back out and the pressure off the nerve, that treatment has been the real source of healing in my opinion. MY normal doctor was not any help, but this is not what normal doctors do--naturally healing. The first meet of 202...

First Time Ever?

Things are just a little crazy with the chaos associated with the coronavirus and the global reaction.   Talking with my wife and brother, as well as the rest of the world that will still chat with you, nobody can remember anything quite like this situation.   The crash into the Twin Towers on 9-11 had some elements of the situation, but the total shutdown of sporting events, meetings, global travel and the run on water, sanitizer and toilet paper is just totally new to us.  The Master Indoors meet was cancelled this week, I was not planning on going this year.   I am in the middle of relocation from Nashville to Harper Ferry , West Virginia.  On March 31 we will close on the Brentwood house and close on the new place on April 2.   Getting this into place has been a real battle, but it is going to happen.    We are on our third contract for the Brentwood house and after trying to sell it for 9 or 10 months it will close this ...