Need for new humidity measurement

Humidity is measured as percent, with 100% being the maximum.  Yesterday was a day that the old scale really did not reflect how much water was in the air.   I did some road work on the local streets and managed to completely soak every item of clothing on my body.  Then Linda and I went to see "Train" at an outdoor venue after some rain, with more on the way.  The humidity was incredible.   You just sit there and dehydrate.  Train put on a great show in 55 minutes, played a lot of hits and threw beach balls and T shirts into the crowd.   They also took pictures with cell phones that were tossed up on the stage.    Times do change.   But they had a lot of fun.. so did we.  I would like to see them again in a full 2 hour show.   This "rain or shine" event was shortened because a storm was coming--lightning and wind scares the insurance people when you have a portable stage. 

Back to humidity.   Like I said, 100% does not desribe the discomfort.    Maybe terms like, completely sweaty, absolute misery, shirt stuck to your back in 20 seconds,  maybe you will pee next week......

This week I will be in Oklahoma, the humidity should be lower, but the wind is usually very persistant and we could be looking at some triple digit temps.   The treadmill may be the tool of choice this week.   I have not found any convenient tracks to get in some work, but with football underway, that could change.  High school football is very very big in this neck of the woods.

So today, I will get in some work in our local gym, and fly out tonite to Tulsa.  I will make it up to Southwest A lister this trip...which allows me to get on the plane earlier.  And this makes life a little better when flying. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?