Hot in OK

Well as I guessed, it is quite hot in the Sooner state, 105 today.   I baby sitted a tissue machine all day and may get some energy to do some running.  I need to find a track--I think that is why google maps was created.   But, I can also take a day off, which is part of the program--resting. 

I was thinking of some different subjects for my blog.  I have some high school pictures on my long jumping and in my track uniform. I was 5 ' 11" and 168 pounds, depending on how close to feeding time.  I am still 5'11", but the weight is 197 and going down slowly.  I am moving muscle from the upper body to the lower.  Linda is not a fan of this, she likes upper body muscles--her toys.  But speed comes from the hips and thighs and that is what is growing and getting the most weight work.   So that should be a  fun subject.

Another subject is gear.   I have always been curious about the new stuff and I got it. Shoes by the bushel, shorts, tops, timers, tape, recovery aids, heart beat monitors, Nano.....  I think I can scare people off with that one.  I have a rather large budget for  gear. Citron is my favorite color.

Injuries and doctoring will be a series.  That is a constant companion.  But I think I am getting  a little smarter and work very hard on not overtraining.  Overtraining is my worst problem, and the down side is a visit to the doc.  I am glad I have some good health care insurance.  

 I also do other things.  I take a week to deer hunt in Ohio, and that is generally a 6 to 8 mile hike daily.  I have done the Grand  Canyon twice.  I get to travel to other countries on a regular basis.  Mexico, France, Chile, Brazil, Canada in the last couple of years.  Linda and I took a week and hung out around a lake in Arkansas.

I also have a detailed spreadsheet with my training sessions.  That might be fun to share.  It is been over three years since I have started racing again.  This makes slacking very obvious.

The next race for me is in Kentucky at their state championship, the first Saturday of October.   I do not need to worry about injuries, since I am qualified for Nationals, so I plan on letting a couple of the races " really rip"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?