It is time for High Scool football

I ran yesterday in the evening at Ravenwood High School.  There was at least a dozen people getting the field ready for the football season opener today.   The band was practicing in the parking lot, the soccer team had a game going on, it was time to get football going.   I worked out for over an hour and the field crew was at it the entire time, getting the end zones painted.   I get to work out at various tracks all over the US and my suggestion would be buy a plastic field.   They never need watered, lined, painted, mowed, replanted, new drainage added....    They appear to last at least 10 years and I think the labor and water costs have to be a huge saving.  I saw a field in Tulsa, OK and it was pristine at 5 years old.   Plus, they always look perfect.    If it was raining yesterday they would have been screwed on having the field ready.

I rested the previous day-- I was real sore.   Yesterday I got out the spikes and worked on some 200 m at speed and had one less than 29 seconds, which really took a lot of out of me.   I was a second slower after that blast--but it felt good.   I worked out for 70 minutes and burned 971 calories.  So, I got the work in, but it was in a very short period of time.
   Today I went to the gym in the afternoon and  worked on my shoulders and got a pretty good work out in 45 minutes.  When Linda gets home tonite, I will go back with her and do some 65 to 75% speed stuff on the threadmill.   She will swimming in the pool, probably outdoors in the early evening glow.

In the last couple of workouts I have been wearing a pair of knee high support socks--they are a bear to get on-- and no tape or other devices.  I have been using a lot of tape for months to keep my feet from dying.    So, I think I started to get a handle on over training and reducing the wear and tear on my feet.  My speed is still good, I just need to keep after the fitness to get around the track one time for the 400 m.  should be interesting......  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?